The Informed Teachers Network has come up with some advice for the Government of Ghana workers who are on the GOG payroll. Check how to create an E-Payslip account HERE
Workers who want to save themselves from payslip fraud are to take note of the following.
Choosing E-Payslip password
- Never use your phone number as your E-payslip password.
- Never use your date of birth as your E-payslip password.
- Never use your name or names as a password.
- Do not use repeated numbers as passwords, say 1111 or 2020. These things are easily predicted. Don’t be lazy. Make a bit unpredictable and write it down securely if you fear forgetting. Do this for your email too.
Checking and printing payslip
- Learn to check your payslip yourself.
- Let only trusted people check your payslip for you.
- If you open your payslip on anyone’s phone or computer, make sure to loge out before handing it over.
- Don’t write your staff ID and password and give it to someone to go print your payslip for you, if it becomes necessary, change the password after that.
- Download your payslip on your phone or computer and send it for printing. It saves you from money any unauthorized access. Check how to print HERE
- When you go to a cafe to print your payslip, let the attendant type everything but type the password yourself.
- Make sure the attendant logs out before you leave or change the password afterward.
- If a printed payslip is not clear and a new one is to be printed for you, ensure that the unclear one is destroyed or take it away – never leave it behind.
Dealing with loan and insurance companies.
- Check your own affordability and tell them or let a trusted person do it for you.
- Generate the MANDATE FORM yourself and give them the code or let a trusted person do it for you.
- Never trust the loan and insurance officers with your staff ID and password.
- If it becomes necessary to give out your details to generate a mandate, do well to check the mandate history to confirm if they have generated only one or the required number needed. Change the password later.
- For financial security’s sake, teachers ought to take loans for business.
- It’s wise to take loans from your banks or union rather than financial institutions.
- Do not allow someone to force you to take loans .*
Working on arrears or any issues with a payslip from CAGD
Never trust anyone that calls you to help you get your arrears or promotion. The controller doesn’t have a collective center. In case you want to give it a try, don’t give your payslip password out.
Anyone that claims to work at the controller and wants to help you with arrears or any related issues only needs your staff ID. If he ask for anything else, he is fake.
A true worker would get access to every detail about you with just your ID. Your name would probably be for confirmation.
And the deal must not be phone affairs but one on one for fraud check sake4. If you give out your ID and password, they would generate a mandate form from your payslip and take a loan in your name without your notice.
If they promise to work payment of arrears for you for commission and you give them your password, you may receive money and pay them their cut but what you have received is not arrears but a loan. Wait for deductions.
Don’t be deceived to believe persons that call you claiming to be from the controller for a mere fact that they can mention your name, date of birth school, or district. Remember your employment details are flying everywhere on social media, it’s not magic.
In case you don’t know what mandate form is, It’s like your signature, an authority note or undertaking, that your payslip is programmed to generate which when given to the controller means you have agreed for the controller to deduct an agreed amount from your salary for a third party organization for a certain duration.
Like our Facebook page below for more educational news and videos
Source: Ghjuice.com || Kindly link back when you copy or paraphrase a paragraph(s) or the entire content